Monday 9 May 2011

Well thats it then

Lincoln City's Goose is cooked

Well that's that. We have been relegated. Yes its a shitter to say the least and the inquests will rage on for a few weeks or so. Changes and cuts will be made and we will move on. Can we get back? Of course we can. It may take a few years and yes we may well get stuffed at Braintree and the likes along the way, but hey that's life as they say. I am not going to rant and rave on here i shall leave that for others. No one man or moment has lead to our deserved relegation. I will let the dust settle before i deliver my verdict from Cavy Central.
However it would be wrong for me not to thank a few people for events that happened over the past few days.

Firstly an apology.


To put it bluntly i was a bit of a James Blunt over the weekend. I am normally very chilled and relaxed and a definite glass half full type of chap. But a combination of relegation, Lager, Rum and coke, and lack of sleep totally changed all this. For the people who had the unfortunate "pleasure" of being in my company and had the unenviable task of dragging my arse out of the Rum Runner public house at 10.45 i am truly sorry but its not my fault... I didn't get Lincoln City relegated gov, and i am sure some of that rum was tipped down my throat...

Long term effects of supporting Lincoln City are evident

Another fact i can't seem to get into my thick skull is the fact that technology and alcohol don't go to well together, thus i am truly sorry for my twenty minute rant about all things football down the phone at stupid o clock. I really do need to have a word with myself as the saying goes. Beer and technology out!!! It shouldn't be hard to remember should it? And yet it is my friends, yet it is.

And now a couple of thanks

Firstly i need to thank the "captain" for taking time out of watching his team's big day out at Wembley to confirm for me the Imps relegation. Was it not for him then i could have sworn that the pitch invasion, pissed off face,s and angry chants were something to do with Cheryl Cole not being on the judging panel for the X-Factor or something akin to that. I looking forward to welcoming you chaps to Sincil Bank next season and a pint or two in the Clumber to celebrate afterwards should we gain three points :-) Hope you enjoyed your big day out. Its just a shame you forgot to text me the full time score (Must have run out of credit!). Thankfully i got it from a more reliable MTFC source, who i must thank for giving me the low down on the BSP the following day at the CML cup final (Which was a very good day out spent in great company)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Colliery 2-2 Buxton

September to me has always seemed to be the worse month of the year by far. I think it started back when I was at school as it signifies the...