Sunday 3 May 2009

How the hell did this happen?


The end of season player awards were dished out before the game with aldershot yesterday.

The young player of the year was awarded first. This award is chosen by the manager and in my view should have been the closest award of the lot due to the number of youngsters we have had come through in the past season. the winner was Moses swaibu. Good a choice as any i suppose.

Rob burch,the goalkeeper got away player of the year, personly i dont think he is much better than alan marriot who we released last year. both would/will win us as many points as they will lose through fuck ups/brilliant saves. for me burch has been beaten from long range far to often ad far to easily for my liking although i will concede that it was his debut season in first team football. improvement is needed next year if he is to turn into a championship/premiership keeper like he was tipped to be at both spurs and sheffield wednesday.


Now to the big one, the player of the season as voted for by the fans.

alas my choice frank sinclair didn't make the top three, even by filling in about 7 voting form on behalf of my friends and fellow retford/Latrobe imps.

third place was janos kovas (my second choice lol)

second was top scorer patulea (again no complaints from me there)


but in first place- captain average... SCOTT KERR!!!


WTF!!!!!!!!!

i am not saying he is crap or anything, he does a job in middfield but player of the season my arse! two goals from middfield is poor by anybodys standard. hes set peice taking is on a par with kicking abiltys of a samon. ok i will admit he is strong in the tackle runs around like a deranged ferret and gives you 100% but player of the season? nope. should he be our captian again next season. not for me i would rather see big janos wear the armband (man of the match AGAIN!!! ) yesterday.

kerr may be good at opening local supermarkets and presenting awards in local schools but does in deserve to be in the list of lincoln city players of the season i feel not my friends not in the company of player like garath answorth and steve holmes.

or have i missed something?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Colliery 2-2 Buxton

September to me has always seemed to be the worse month of the year by far. I think it started back when I was at school as it signifies the...