Tuesday 28 June 2011

A little bit of music

No football in this post so we will take a look at some music, which for me is a very rare thing. Music is something i wouldn't write about if it wasn't the close season so make the most of it. Pre season starts this weekend, thankfully!
Anybody who knows me can vouch for the fact that my music taste can at best be described as "interesting" and at worst as "dreadful" with more folk going for the latter.
This in itself is quite strange. Some of my oldest friends, stalwarts of the "Up the field old boys" have fantastic musical knowledge and a huge passion for it. One of them is not only a highly skilled guitarist but also makes them to a very high standard, one of them does a mean impression of Run DMC, and another can often be seen in bars everywhere from Leicester to New York area looking for the next big thing. Absolutely none of this has rubbed off on me at all. In fact i have only ever been to one proper concert in my life. That being a KT Tunstall gig at Sheffield City Hall on the same night that England drew with Sweden in the 2006 World Cup.
The height of my musical achievements is probably managing to get the "Three in Ten" on Ken Bruce's Popmaster on BBC Radio Two a couple of months ago! For those who don't know you get ten seconds to name three hits from a certain artist; and who was the artist whose three hits i correctly named in the ten seconds? The one and only....MR RICK ASTLEY! Cool or what?
Hopefully later on this year i will hope to double my number of concerts by going to see Imelda May with BBC Leicestershire's Gavin Brown in Leicester.
I have seen the odd band play in a pub from time to time and the last of which i saw one with Gav; it really was an odd band, we were "treated" to seeing the Ghosties in Glasgow. I have no idea if they are still on the go but i have my doubts after watching them a couple of years ago. At least the Rangers v Kilmarnock game the day after was a great show.
I am really looking foward to the Imelda May gig and i am sure it will be a great night

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Colliery 2-2 Buxton

September to me has always seemed to be the worse month of the year by far. I think it started back when I was at school as it signifies the...