Wednesday 16 May 2012

Jeremy Goss and all that.

As most people know this weekend sees the climax of the European football season with the final of the Champions League. I will be watching the final at home with a couple of legends of the old Jenkins five-a-side football team. The cans are in the fridge and all preparations for the night are going well. If Chelsea are to win the Champions League they will have to do something only one other English club has done; beat Bayern Munich in their own ground. And that club? Manchester United? Liverpool? Nottingham Forest maybe?
 Nope the Mighty Norwich City back in 1993
Norwich City's exploits in the 1993/94 UEFA cup was the start of my interest in football. So it is with great joy that I have dugout the highlights of that famous night in Munich. Starring Jeremy Goss; a future Lincoln City manager, and those shirts. Enjoy guys.

 

 Norwich Citys UEFA Cup run 1993/94 


 1st round 1st leg Norwich City 3-0 Vitesse Arnhem 
 1st round 2nd leg Vitesse Arnhem 0-0 Norwich City 
2nd Round 1st Leg Bayern Munich 1-2 Norwich City
 2nd round 2nd Leg Norwich City 1-1 Bayern Munich
 3rd round 1st leg Norwich City 0-1 Internazionale
 3rd round 2nd leg Internazionale 1-0 Norwich City



The following season i went to my first Lincoln City game and that was that. I was an Imp. The strange thing is that although i don't look for Norwich City's results anymore. (I like to see them do well that's about it.) It was their match with Inter and the crowd and atmosphere at the San Siro that attracted me to support Inter and that has stuck with me ever since. In fact i have been a Inter fan longer than i have been a Lincoln fan. Strange eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Colliery 2-2 Buxton

September to me has always seemed to be the worse month of the year by far. I think it started back when I was at school as it signifies the...